What to Know About AWL Loan
Everything you need to know about AWL The Otoe-Missouria Tribe of Indians operates an online tribal lender known as AWL. It provides short-term loans in sums ranging from $300 to $2,500, with repayment terms of six, nine, and twelve months.
According to the lender, you may be eligible for a loan even if you have bad or no credit. You can also pay off the loan early without incurring any penalties.
In two ways, American Web Loans’ personal loans are similar to payday loans. For starters, they have exorbitant interest rates. According to the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, the average payday loan APR is 391 percent. The APR for American Web Loans ranges from 600 percent to 780 percent. Second, the company’s payback timeline is determined by the applicant’s pay schedule. Unlike payday loans, which must be repaid with the following paycheck, personal loans from American Web Loans can be repaid over a longer period of time.
Suggested Read: First Access Visa Credit Card Review
Rates of Interest That Are Hidden
Unlike many lenders, AWL is not forthright about its interest rates – the AWL website has no explicit information on interest rates. You also won’t be able to prequalify, so you won’t know how high your rate will be until you apply for an AWL loan.
You can’t compare the terms of an AWL loan to potential offers from other lenders who are more transparent because there is no prequalification option and no published information regarding interest rates.
Lenders like AWL, which target people in need of emergency loans, are known for charging high-interest rates. If you receive a loan offer from AWL, make sure you read the details thoroughly to determine the APR.
You could receive loan funds in your bank account the same business day you apply using AWL’s wire transfer option. This option is not available from all lenders. However, it can be useful if you need to meet an immediate need.
Fee for Transferring Funds
AWL does not charge a cost for same-day wire transfers; however, your bank or financial institution may impose a fee. Depending on your financial institution, fees for incoming and outgoing wire transfers might range from $0 to more than $30.
For Whom AWL Loan is Beneficial?
Because this lender isn’t clear about its interest rates, it should only be considered as a last choice. If you don’t qualify for a lower-cost personal loan but need money right away, and AWL loan could help you receive cash. However, if you can, ask for loans from alternative lenders who are open about their rates and terms. You’ll be less likely to be caught off guard by interest, fees, or other costs, putting you farther into debt.
Pros and Cons of AWL Loan
- You might get your money the same day your application is approved.
- The application procedure is straightforward.
- In a couple of minutes, you can find out if you qualify for a loan.
- American Web Loan features a mobile app that makes it simple to view your account and make payments.
- You can contact an agent via the website’s live chat feature.
- There are no costs associated with making extra payments or paying off your loan early.
- There is no information on the website about interest rates, annual percentage rates, or fees.
- Because the app is only available to current or returning clients, new customers must apply online or by phone.
- Loan terms are relatively short, with the longest duration being only 12 months.
- You can only take out a $2,500 loan.
- You are only allowed to have one loan at a time.
Who is Eligible to Participate?
To qualify for an American Web Loan installment loan, you must meet the following minimal requirements:
- Have a bank account. You must have a checking account in your name that is currently operational.
- A source of income that can be verified. You must demonstrate that you have enough income to cover your repayments.
- The legal age of majority. To take out a loan, you must be of legal age in your state.
- You must be a resident of a qualifying state. If you live in Arkansas, Connecticut, Georgia, New York, Vermont, or Washington, you will not be eligible for this loan.
To qualify, you may need to meet additional requirements that American Web Loan does not reveal.
How Much Will It Set You Back?
This fact immediately raises a “red flag” for us: AWL does not, to our knowledge, post their interest rate charges anywhere on their website. The majority of respectable tribal lenders include this information on their websites or promotional materials. This isn’t AWL. This is concerning. The APR will not be known until you have completed the loan application. This is a problem. You are compelled to complete the application… Most people accept it anyhow because they are desperate…and have gone through the hassle of filling out the application. AWL is aware of this and makes use of it.
How to Apply for an AWL
To apply for an AWL loan, go to the lender’s website and fill out the loan application by following the steps below. (If you’re a returning customer, you can use the AWL mobile app to apply for a loan.)
- Determine how much you want to borrow.
- Fill in your full name, email address, and your Social Security number’s last four digits.
- Select “Apply Now” from the drop-down menu.
- Enter your date of birth, driver’s license number and state, address, phone number, and full Social Security number in the appropriate fields.
- Fill in the blanks with your income and banking information.
- Choose the amount you’d like to borrow again and read the terms of service.
- Click “Apply Now” once more if you agree to the terms of service.
AWL’s Online Reputation
Because all of American Web Loans’ customers are online, it makes logical to look at online reviews to see how the organization is rated. The Better Business Bureau (BBB), which is quite trustworthy, is the finest location to start your search.
The Better Business Bureau has issued a warning to anyone considering taking out a loan through American Web Loans. The alert raises concerns about a pattern of complaints submitted to the group during the last three months. The excessive interest rates and confusing payment plans were found to be the source of half of the complaints. Consumers who received wire transfers from American Web Loans despite never applying for the loan accounted for another quarter of the complaints. American Web Loans is not BBB accredited, according to the Better Business Bureau. It also gave the company a “B” rating, despite the fact that customers only scored it 1.2 stars out of five.
Alternatives to AWL Loan
A loan from American Web Loans might not be the greatest option for you if you’re having financial difficulties. Instead, look into one of the options below, which provide better terms and aren’t geared to keep you in debt.
You can apply for prequalification for a personal loan with Rocket Loans before completing the complete application procedure.
A NetCredit loan may be an option if your credit isn’t fantastic, but you need a larger emergency loan and think you’ll be able to pay it back promptly. NetCredit provides loans up to $15,000 in size. (If you apply through Credit Karma, you may notice different terms.) However, with interest rates in the triple digits, you’ll need to pay it off quickly to avoid exorbitant fees.
Borrowers who have been unable to obtain a small loan from other lenders may find American Web Loan to be a viable option. While the rates are high, the lender’s installment loans are a good option to payday loans because they can be paid off early and save money on interest.
If you are considering other options, you can go for LoanMart that provide general loan option.
This tribal lender is simple to use, but it may be more expensive than a US-based lender because it is exempt from payday lending rules.
FAQs on American Web Loans
Q) What are the interest rates offered by American Web Loan?
American Web Loan provides a personal loan with an APR ranging from 600 percent to 780 percent.
Q) What is the maximum amount you may borrow through American Web Loan?
The amount of a business loan ranges from $300 to $2,500.
Q) How long can you take out a loan with American Web Loan?
Loans of up to 12 months are available through American Web Loan.
Q) Is there an origination fee with American Web Loan?
A personal loan origination fee may be charged by American Web Loan.
Q) Is there a late fee with American Web Loan?
If you miss one of your monthly payments, American Web Loan may charge you a late payment fee.
Q) Is there a price for prepayment with American Web Loan?
Prepayment fees are not charged by American Web Loan. This implies that if you pay off your personal loan early, you won’t have to pay any further fees.
Q) How long will it take for an American Web Loan personal loan to be funded?
In most cases, American Web Loan will make a credit decision in less than an hour and fund the loan within one business day.