Credit cards have become a trend with the passing time. Everybody has it. Everybody uses it. Why? For the sake of convenience. Credit cards have become a lifesaver in this fast life and offer tons of convenience and luxuries in our lives. However expensive it may seem but if you can afford it, then why not and plus, it also benefits you in a number of ways with rewards, bonuses, reasonable APR. By covering some of the luxury expenses, low-interest rates, and much more, you just need to find a suitable credit card for yourself that solves all your problems and eases your life. Different credit cards are available for different purposes. Specific for each purpose. So the answer to the question ‘ Is it possible to pay rent using a credit card? ‘ is Yes.
It’s very much possible to pay your rent using your credit card. You just have to find the right credit card, you should have all the knowledge about it, you should know the circumstances under which you can use your credit card to pay rent or not, are there any services, etc.
Suggested Read: Negative Balance on a Credit Card
How Can You Pay Rent With a Credit Card:
Who doesn’t love the convenience in their life? So everybody wants to avail this opportunity of paying the rent with a credit card and save themself from the trouble of dealing with chequebooks and cash. To pay rent using your credit card, you must know that there are several ways to do it. One way to do it is through the landlord payment system, and the other way to do it is with the help of a third party, i.e., with the help of any online services that can help you pay your rent using a credit card.
You can avail the first option if the property for which you have to pay the rent is owned by a big company, then definitely that company will have access to all the payment methods including credit card, but if the property is owned by a small company or any property dealer or any individual, then the odds are less for the credit card way to work out. So in this situation, you can go for the second option, which is with the help of a third-party/online service that deals with the payment of rent online.
Online Services to Pay Rent With a Credit Card:
A list of some of the online rent payment services (third party) is given below:
CRED helps you to pay your rent online in just 3 clicks with the help of credit cards. This app works very smoothly, thus offering its customers convenience and takes care of them by offering them such opportunities. This app/ service provides a hassle-free procedure to pay your rent using your credit cards with no delay. It’s a customer-friendly app and comes with a whole packet of benefits. It has launched a product named ‘rentpay’ which will help you to pay your rent using your credit card even if your landlord does not accept the rent from the credit card, this product will help you to transfer the cash to your landlord’s bank account without any delay, and you will not have to worry because you will be paying using your credit card.
Plastiq is one of the other app / online rent payment services that is used to pay rent online using credit cards. It not only helps you pay rent with a credit card but also with a debit card. It’s a very useful app in case of rent payment. Saves a lot of time and energy, and you get done with your responsibility before you know.
How Does Plastiq Work:
There are several steps that you need to follow to pay your rent using Plastiq.
- First, you must have an account on plastic if you want to avail its services.
- It’s not necessary for the recipient to have an account on plastic. Your recipient doesn’t even have to know about it. Only you should know about it because you are the one making payment, and you are good to go.
- After making an account on plastic, you’ll have to enter some information like
- Your Name, your credit card details like your credit card account number, and the amount of money that you want to send.
- Once you have entered your details, you have to provide information about your client like name, address and if you want to send the rent to the bank account then the bank account details too.
- They will ask for confirmation.
- After confirming it, the payment will be sent to your landlord without any delay via email or via bank.
Some other things that you need to know about plastic:
- It charges a 2.85% fee for credit card payments, but for debit cards, the fee is 1%.
- They also offer promotions for lower fees.
- You can use plastic only if you are certain that you can immediately pay off your credit card after paying the rent.
- It offers big points bonuses.
- This service is suitable for business as well as personal use.
If you are looking for a rent payment service to pay your rent easily and smoothly, then you are at the right place. It makes the process of rent payment and rent splitting very simple and helps to pay your rent on time. It charges a 2.99% fee.
Click pay is a service that helps its customers to pay rent, manage bills and payments. It collects almost all forms of payments, including credit cards. Its fee is decided by the property managers.
Credit cards that can be used to pay rent:
It’s a tough decision to choose a credit card that you can use to pay your rent. What are the qualities that one should look for in a credit card that you use to pay your rent? Make sure to choose a card that will:
- Get you the best possible return of your charges.
- A card that has a number of rewards to offer.
- Offer an Affordable annual fee.
- Come with Low-interest rates.
- Come with generous bonuses on sign-up.
Here goes a list of credit cards that you can use to pay your online rents, bills, and other payments.
- Citi Double Cash Card.
- American Express Cash Magnet Card.
- Wells Fargo Propel American Express Card.
- Citi Rewards Card.
Is It Convenient to Use a Credit Card for Paying the Rent:
Yes, as already discussed, credit cards come with a lot of conveniences, and in the case of paying rent, it surely brings ease to your life. You should definitely go for it if it’s worth the potential. In this world, it has become very easy for us to purchase anything literally using credit cards, be it an expensive thing or cheap goods, then why not go for the bills, rents, and payments. It always leaves a good impression on the landlord when you will pay the rent on time without any delay. Plus, you can also earn rewards, bonuses, and packages if you use your credit card wisely for paying rent.
It is really a good idea to boost your credit score and SURGE MasterCard is really made for this.
Paying such a large amount, in the form of cheque or cash, is a responsible chore. Thus, using a credit card will make the process a lot smoother and easier. In addition, if you don’t have the amount at the moment and you have to pay the rent on time, but you haven’t received your salary. Credit cards are here to save the day. You can use your credit card for this purpose, and once you have received your salary, you can easily pay off your credit card. Credit cards buy you time that you think you don’t have, but by using credit cards, you can manage your life better.