In this post, we will provide you the information about HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card and its, features, benefits, reviews, offers, annual fees, and charges.
HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card comes in two network variants that are VISA and MasterCard. Freedom Credit Card will provide you exclusive offers and benefits on spending on lifestyle categories such as movies, dining, groceries, travel, etc.
Note: As per the safety guidelines due to Covid-19 and lockdown implemented in the past, the bank is not taking any new application for the new HDFC Freedom Credit Card. However, the existing freedom credit cardholders can enjoy the benefits and reward with slight delays due to operational issues.
- HDFC Freedom Credit Card Features and Benefits
- HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Eligibility
- HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Documents
- How To Apply For HDFC Freedom Credit Card Online
- HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Annual Fees and Charges
- HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Limit
- About This Post
- Final Words
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
HDFC Freedom Credit Card Features and Benefits
The HDFC Freedom Credit Card provides a wide range of offers, benefits, and features to its users. Below we have provided all the details.
Add on Cards
You can get a maximum of 3 Add on cards for your family members and relatives.
HDFC Freedom Credit Card is best in terms of safety features. The details of safety features have been provided below.
- All the freedom credit card are equipped with chip and pin security for safer transactions.
- HDFC Bank offers zero lost card liability if you report the bank at the earliest.
- Moreover, you can make your payments fast and secure with the contactless payment feature. However, the contactless payment features apply only when the transaction is below 2,000 rupees.
- If the transaction amount exceeds 2,000 rupees then you have to enter your Credit Card Pin for security reasons to complete your payment.
Fuel Surcharge Waiver
- Like all the Upper Range HDFC Bank Credit Card, the freedom credit card also provide you a fuel surcharge waiver of 1% on all fuel pumps.
- The minimum transaction amount must be 400 rupees and a maximum of upto 5,000 rupees.
- The monthly capping on the fuel surcharge waiver is 250 rupees.
HDFC Freedom Credit Card Reward Points and Redemption
There are multiple reward points offered by HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card. The details of reward points and their redemption have been provided below.
- You will earn a minimum of 1 reward point of spending of every 150 rupees or higher.
- The reward points redemption for cash of 100 points is 10 rupees and for catalog redemption, you will earn 15 rupees for every 100 points.
- Freedom Credit Cardholders can avail of a gift voucher of 1000 rupees on spending 90,000 rupees or above in a year.
- Moreover, there will be a welcome and renewal benefit of 500 reward points on the payment of membership and annual fees. However, the 500 reward points will not be provided in case of a fee waiver.
- On your birthday the HDFC Freedom Credit Card offers you 25x reward points.
- Earn 10x reward points on shopping or spending on PayZapp and Smartbuy.
- If you spend on dining, movies, groceries, taxi, and railway bookings you will get 5x reward points.
Creditors are competing to be on top and it’s really good for the users as they can even get a credit card without any credit history from First Progress Platinum.
HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Eligibility
The eligibility criteria for applying for HDFC Freedom Credit Card are slightly different for salaried individuals and self-employed individuals. The details have been provided below.
- The applicant must be a citizen of India.
- He or she must maintain a good credit report.
- For Salaried Individuals, the age required is 21 to 60 years and a minimum monthly salary of 12,000 rupees.
- For Self-Employed persons, the age must be 21 years to 65 years and an annual salary of 2 lakh per annum.
HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Documents
In order to apply for the Freedom Credit Card, you must be required to submit the following documents that are provided below.
- Photograph of Applicant.
- Pan Card Xerox or Photocopy.
- Bank Statement or ITR Return Copy.
- KYC Documents.
- Proof of Identity and Address that can be your Voter Id, Pan Card, Aadhar Card, Driving License, etc.
How To Apply For HDFC Freedom Credit Card Online
The online way to apply for HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card is to visit the HDFC official website and fill out the application form. The steps to fill the form have been mentioned below.
Non HDFC Account Holders
- Visit the official website and fill out the callback request form by clicking here.
- Enter your phone number and the captcha code from the image.
- Tick the checkbox and click on the “Continue” button below.
- You will get an SMS or Call from your nearest HDFC Bank branch.
Existing HDFC Bank Account Holders
HDFC Bank account holders can either apply for Freedom Credit Card with Netbanking login or via debit card pin. Both the process has been provided below.
- Visit the HDFC Bank Netbanking Login page by clicking here.
- Enter your net banking customer id and mobile number.
- Solve the captcha code and click on the “Login” button.
- You will be redirected to the HDFC Netbanking account and follow the further instructions.
Via Debit Card
- Visit this link.
- Fill in your debit card number and pin.
- Select the expiration date and year from the dropdown.
- Click on the “Proceed” button and follow the further instructions accordingly.
HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Annual Fees and Charges
In this table, we have provided the details of HDFC Freedom Credit Card Annual Fees, Interest Rate, and other charges.
|Fees and Charges||Amount|
|Cash Advance Fees||2.5% or 500 rupees whichever is higher|
|Interest Rate||3.49% per month on the total due amount or |
1.99% per month if the card is issued against a fixed deposit.
HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card Limit
The limit on HDFC Freedom Credit Card is decided by the bank after reviewing the salary and credit report of an individual. The credit limit varies from customer to customer.
About This Post
This post is published for providing the details of the HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card and its features, benefits, eligibility, and annual fees. The online method to apply for HDFC Freedom Credit Card has also provided in this post.
Moreover, you will see the details of reward points and their way of redemption on your HDFC Freedom Credit Card in this post.
As per our HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card review, we would suggest that if you are a beginner and possess a low salary and wanted to apply for HDFC Bank Credit Card then this is the perfect credit card for you.
The Freedom Credit Card is a multipurpose credit card that will help you to earn a high number of reward points on your spending. Low salaried individuals can even apply for this credit card and enjoy its benefits.
But, this does not mean that you need to do unnecessary spending or shopping with the Freedom Credit Card in order to earn reward points as you will remain in the burden of the debt as it was you who need to pay the bills at last.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is the minimum salary required for applying for the Freedom Credit Card?
- If you are a salaried person, you must possess a gross monthly salary of 12,000 rupees per month.
- For a Self-Employed person, the annual salary of 2 lakh rupees is required to apply for the freedom credit card.
How many add on cards can be applied with HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card?
You can apply for a maximum of 3 add on cards for your blood relations.
What is the age required to apply for HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card?
- For Salaried Individuals- 12,000 rupees per month
- For Self-Employed- 2 Lakh per annum.
What are the annual fee charges of the HDFC Freedom Credit Card?
The annual/renewal fee of the HDFC Bank Freedom Credit Card is 500 rupees plus additional GST.