Whenever a customer opens up a new current or savings account with Canara Bank, he or she must receive a new Atm card as a part of the welcome kit. This is mandatory for banks to provide their customers a debit card. However, a debit card only works when a customer activates it. So, in this post, you will learn the answer to how to activate Canara bank Atm card.
This requires only a few easy steps to perform which we have mentioned in this post below.
Things You Need To Carry While Activating Canara Bank ATM Card
The Canara bank Atm or Debit card activation is done through Canara bank Atm only. However, there few important things which you need to carry before you go for Canara bank Atm card activation. These are:
- Bank Passbook
- New ATM Card
- Your registered mobile number
Activate Canara Bank ATM Card With These Steps
With the help of the following steps, you will be able to activate the Canara bank ATM card.
- Walk into the Canara Bank nearby ATM booth only.
- Insert your new Canara bank EMV chip debit card inside the ATM.
- Now, you have to select “Green Pin/ Forgot Pin” under the language option.
- Click on the “Generate OTP” option on the screen.
- Now, from your passbook enter your 11 or 13 digit bank account number and click on “Correct“.
- After that, you have to provide your registered mobile number and click on “Correct“.
- Now, the Canara Bank Atm card activation process is started.
- To complete the process you have to type the OTP which the bank has sent to you earlier via SMS.
- Now the machine will start processing and validating your provided information.
- After that, a message will pop up on the ATM screen and asking you to enter and re-enter your new pin.
- Now the screen will show a message of your transaction is now completed which means your new password is set successfully.
Helpful Video To Activate Canara Bank Debit Card
The following video will guide you to activate your Canara Bank debit card.
The post published on this page is informational content on how to activate the Canara Bank Atm card. As per security reasons, the bank only allows the customers to use the Canara bank Atm only for debit card activation. This is why we have provided the list of steps that helps the Canara bank customers to activate their debit card.
It is really a good idea to boost your credit score and SURGE MasterCard is really made for this.
How much Canara Bank charges for Atm card activation?
The Canara Bank Atm or Debit card activation is totally free of cost.
How much time it will take to activate Canara Bank ATM Card?
Once you have entered all the required information correctly then it will only take 5 to 10 minutes to activate your Canara Bank Atm card.
Why does the bank ask their customers to activate their new debit cards from Atm?
This is because banks want to ensure safety for their customers that is why they ask the customer to activate their ATM or debit card on their own.
Can I activate my Canara Bank Debit card from any of the other bank’s Atm?
No, the activation process can only be done when the ATM card and the bank are the same.
What documents should I carry to the ATM booth during the ATM card activation?
You have to carry your passbook, registered mobile number, and your new debit card to the ATM booth for the card activation.
Is it compulsory to have a registered mobile number for Canara bank Atm card activation?
Yes, it is compulsory to have a registered mobile number during the time of Canara Bank debit card activation. It is because the Bank will send an OTP to the customer’s phone number.