The Canara Bank ATM card allows cardholders to make transactions online or offline. However, there are some instances when a cardholder mistakenly forgets or lost their card somewhere. We will explain how to block Canara Bank Atm card and debit card online and offline.
Canara bank provides dedicated customer care numbers, internet banking, SMS facility, and branch visit option to block a Canara bank debit card. We have described each method with steps in this post.
- Block Canara Bank Debit Card Through Internet Banking
- How can I block my Canara ATM card by SMS?
- How Can I Close My Canara Bank ATM Card by branch visit
- Close Canara Bank ATM Card by Customer Care
- How many transactions are free in Canara Bank ATM?
- How many times we can withdraw money from Canara Bank ATM in a month?
- What are the main functions of the Canara Bank Debit Card?
Block Canara Bank Debit Card Through Internet Banking
Internet banking allows the account holders to block their Canara bank ATM card online. They have to use the following steps to close their Canara bank debit card.
- Check in to the official website of Canara bank to click on the “Net Banking” section.
- This will take you to the net-banking webpage of Canara bank. In order to log in the Canara bank account holder needs to use his or her user id and password and then click the “Sign In” button.
- Once you log in to the Canara bank net banking then click the “Request” link.
- The customer has to now click the “Debit Card Hotlisting” button on the next page to view all their registered debit cards.
- Now, choose your atm card and then click the “Hotlist” option to block your Canara bank debit card.
- After that, you have to verify the Canara bank ATM card block process by clicking on the “Confirm” button.
- Once done you have to provide the transaction password and hit the “Submit” link.
- Now, the card block process is completed and the bank will provide the account holders a reference number.
How can I block my Canara ATM card by SMS?
Another simple way to block your Canara ATM card is by using the SMS service. Simply send the SMS in the following format from your registered phone number to 5607060.
[CAN (space) HOTLISTDC (space) Debit CARD NUMBER (16 digits)]
You will get an SMS in your phone inbox upon successful hotlisting of your Canara Bank Debit Card.
How Can I Close My Canara Bank ATM Card by branch visit
Moreover, if you have time or the above methods won’t work for you then you can visit the Canara Bank branch and request them to close your ATM card. You need to keep the following things in mind before visiting the bank branch.
Things to keep in mind
- Make sure you are visiting the branch in between working hours.
- You must be aware of the working days of the bank.
- You have to take your debit card along as well.
- Do carry your other documents like id proof, address proof, and bank account number.
Close Canara Bank ATM Card by Customer Care
The customer care helpline number is also very helpful when it comes to block Canara bank debit card. You just have to dial the following helpline number and follow the IVR process.
📞 1800 425 0018 (Toll-free)
How many transactions are free in Canara Bank ATM?
The first 5 transactions are free in Canara Bank ATM per month. After that, you have to pay some charges per transaction.
How many times we can withdraw money from Canara Bank ATM in a month?
Generally, you can withdraw money from Canara bank ATM in a month multiple times but only the first 5 transactions are free.
What are the main functions of the Canara Bank Debit Card?
The following are the main functions of the Canara bank debit card.
- Canara bank debit card allows the account holders to withdraw up to 50,000 cash from ATM per day.
- It allows them to make transactions at online shopping portals and POS terminals.
- Moreover, one can also book their railway tickets from IRCTC with their debit card.
- Furthermore, the debit card also allows the accountholders for purchasing fuel and making utility bill payments.
In this post, we have explained the steps on how to block Canara Bank ATM card online and offline. All 4 methods are simply described in this article that allows the customers to block their debit card on their own.
Can I block my Canara bank debit card online?
Yes, you can block your Canara bank debit card online with the help of net banking. However, those account holders who have registered themselves on net banking can make use of this facility.
Can I close my Canara Bank ATM card through customer care?
Yes, you can close your Canara Bank ATM card through a customer care number. The number is 📞 1800 425 0018 (Toll-free)
Credit card companies have begun to assist users with low credit limits. If you’re having trouble, get the Milestone Gold Card here.