All of you may very well be acquainted with the Canara bank. The Canara bank which is a very well-known bank in the public sector category had started its function in 1906. Today, we will tell you how to close the Canara bank account online and offline.
In order to close Canara bank you need to provide some documents as well as have to surrender the belongings of the account you wish to close. i.e. debit card, passbook. We urge you to read the full post so that you can close the Canara bank account by using different methods.
What are the circumstances of closing the Canara Bank Savings Account?
The following are the main reason in which a customer think of to closing their Canara bank savings account.
- When a customer has to maintain a high minimum balance.
- The rate of interest is very low.
- Customer service is not satisfactory.
- Pathetic services and slow grievance redressal.
- The banks lack good online services.
- High transaction charges.
- In case you have more than one account of Canara bank.
- Non-serviceable locations.
The above are some of the prime reasons when a person wishes to close their Canara bank savings account. We will now provide you the best methods to close the Canara bank account in the upcoming section.
- How To Reset Transaction Password In Canara Bank Net Banking Online
- How To Transfer Money From Canara Bank to SBI Through ATM
- How To Close Canara Bank Account Online And Offline 2021
- What Is Customer Id In Canara Bank & How To Find It
- How To Block Canara Bank ATM Card and Debit Card Online
- How To Activate Canara Bank ATM Card | Debit Card
- How To Check Balance In Canara Bank Online and Offline
- How To Change Mobile Number In Canara Bank Through ATM
- How To Apply For Atm Card In Canara Bank Through Online
What are the offline ways to close a Canara Bank account?
The following offline methods are very beneficial in closing a Canara bank account.
- Account Closure Form
- Customer Care Number
We will give you an explanation of the above two methods below.
Account Closure Form
The Canara bank account holders can use the account closure form to close their accounts. We have given proper guidance for closing the account below.
- Fill the account closure form
The first step is to fill the account closure form and submit it to the concerned official. For this, first, you have to visit the bank and ask them to provide you account closure form. Moreover, the account closure form is also available on the official website of Canara bank. You can download the form from the website and then submit it to the branch executive. However, you have to sign it first and if it is a joint account then all are required to sign the closure form.
- Attach and Attest KYC Documents
The work is not done yet as you have to attach your KYC documents as well. These include your Pan card and Aadhar card. Both the documents work as the identity and address proof for the account holder. Moreover, you have to attest these documents by yourself as well.
- Surrender Account Belongings to branch
After that, you have to surrender all the belongings of your Canara bank account which includes a passbook, chequebook, and debit card. All these things are mandatory to initiate the closing process.
- Withdraw The Remaining Balance
The last thing an account holder has to do is to take away his or her remaining balance from the account. Once the Canara bank verifies all your details they will provide you details of your remaining balance. The bank official will ask you to withdraw the amount before closing your bank account.
Once the account has been closed the bank will notify you through an SMS or email.
Customer Care Number
Another best offline way to close your Canara bank account is to dial the Canara Bank helpline number. You have to dial 1800 425 0018 and ask the call representative to initiate the account closure request.
However, make sure that your savings account does not have any amount left. If there is some money left in your account we will advise you to withdraw that before making a call to customer care.
Suggested Read: Canara Bank Credit Card Customer Care
How Can I Close My Canara Bank Account Online?
The Canara bank account holders have two options to close their accounts online. Either they can use the official website or they can also contact the bank by email for account closure. We will give you all the details of these two methods below.
Method To Close Account Through Website
First of all please withdraw all the amount from your account before using this method.
- Now, the account holders have to go to the main website of Canara Bank.
- Now you have to look for the close bank account option on the homepage.
- This will take you to the new webpage in which you have to fill in the asked information.
- The main information you have to provide is your account number and accountholder name.
- After that type in your registered phone number and Aadhar card number.
- Choose the reason why you wish to close your account.
- In the final step, you need to click the “Submit” button to complete the process.
Moreover, the Canara bank account holders can also send the bank an email for their account closure. Send the account holder’s name, account number, closure reason, and your registered mobile number. The bank will further guide you on how you can completely close your Canara bank account.
In this post, you have seen the possible ways to close the Canara bank account online and offline. Our main motive was to help our viewers to get acquainted with the account closure process.
However, people tend to choose the offline process especially the submission of account closure form. This is because an account holder has to surrender his or her debit card, passbook, and chequebook during the time of account closure.
Can I Close My Canara Bank Account Online?
Yes, you can close your Canara bank account online via the bank’s official website and email. Either you can find the account closure link from the website homepage or you can even send the bank an email to close your account.
Can I withdraw the remaining amount before closing the account?
Yes, you can withdraw your remaining amount from your bank and even the bank also advises you to withdraw the remaining balance before your account closure.
What are the things I have to surrender while closing my savings account?
You have to surrender your Canara bank debit card, passbook, and chequebook during the time of account closure.