Hey, have you ever came across these questions like how to close HDFC credit card? This thought often comes when we are in the mood to shift with another card issuer.
This post will help you to know about the exact procedure on how you can close HDFC credit card. Go through this full post and we will also provide a bonus tip that you must keep in your mind while closing a credit card.
Read More: How to deactivate SBI Credit Card
Reach out to HDFC Bank Credit Card Helpline
You can simply cancel your HDFC credit card by contacting their helpline numbers. Now, you have to ask the HDFC Bank call executive to close your HDFC credit card.
The HDFC Bank credit cardholders need to dial the following helpline numbers.
- 📞 1800 266 4332
- 📞 61606161 (Prefix your state or city code)
However, phone banking services will work only when you provide Telephone Identification Number(Tin). This number consists of only 4 digits and HDFC bank provides this number to each customer.
Read also: HDFC Credit Card Helpline Number
Read also: HDFC Bank Customer Care
Close HDFC Credit Card Via Email
Another way to close HDFC credit card online is via the official email address of HDFC Bank. The procedure to cancel the HDFC Bank credit card is displayed below.
- Simply write an email to the following email id of HDFC bank. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write “I want to cancel or close my HDFC Credit Card” in the subject column.
- Now, you have to mention your credit card number, name, address, registered mobile number in the message body.
- The bank will revert you back as soon as possible when they receive your email.
However, if you haven’t received any reply from the bank via email then you can follow the upcoming steps to cancel your HDFC credit card.
Read Also: HDFC Credit Card Status Enquiry Number
Cancel HDFC Credit Card via Netbanking
Furthermore, one of the easiest ways to block or cancel an HDFC credit card is through net banking. The following steps will guide you about HDFC credit card cancellation.
- At first, you have to visit the HDFC Net banking page.
- Enter your HDFC internet banking id and password.
- Go to the “Credit Cards Tab” and then you will find the “Credit Card Hotlisting” option on the left side.
- All your credit cards that are registered under the HDFC net banking will be displayed on the screen.
- Tap on that credit card number that you want to block or hotlist.
- Choose the primary reason for credit card hotlisting.
- Moreover, you will also see an option for your credit card to be re-issued.
Read Also: HDFC Bank Credit Card Payment
Fill The Credit Card Closure Form
Another way to block your HDFC Bank credit card is to submit a credit card closure form. You need an internet connection to download the closure form. However, the form will be submitted offline to the bank.
First, you have to fill in all the required information in the credit card closure form and then submit it to the HDFC bank branch.
Alternatively, you can send the HDFC credit card closure form to the following postal address.
To The Manager,
HDFC Bank Credit Cards, PO Box 8654,
Thiruvanmiyur, Chennai- 600041
Read Also: IBAN Number HDFC Bank
Request The Manager
Moreover, you can write a letter for your HDFC Bank credit card closure. The address for the Manager is mentioned just above this section.
You have to note down your name, credit card number, registered email, phone number, and home address.
Please note never mention your credit card pin and card CVV number in the letter.
Things to know before closing HDFC Credit Card
There are certain things that you must keep in your mind before closing your HDFC Bank credit card. The important points are disclosed below.
Clear The Outstanding and Pending Bills
The first thing you have to do while closing your HDFC bank credit card is to clear the pending dues. Moreover, if you have EMIs on this card then pay them off as well.
HDFC Bank or any other card issuer accepts the credit card closure form only after you pay off your remaining dues.
Redeem The Accrued Reward Points
It is often advised by the finance experts that one should redeem all their earned reward points before making a cancellation request for their credit card.
Redeem all your points to enjoy the gifts and offers from the bank’s reward catalog
Stop Using Card After Cancellation Request
Post submission of the credit card closure request to the bank, one should never use that card again for further transactions.
The reason is if you have any fresh dues on your credit card the bank will reject your application for credit card cancellation.
How to deactivate HDFC credit card?
The following methods will help you to deactivate your HDFC Credit Card. These include offline and online mediums.
- Call the customer care number of HDFC Bank to deactivate your HDFC credit card offline.
- Submit the credit card closure or cancellation form to the HDFC Bank.
- You can opt the HDFC Bank internet banking to hotlist or deactivate your HDFC credit card online.
- Moreover, you can also reach out to HDFC Bank on their official email address and ask for credit card cancellation.
How can I deactivate my HDFC credit card through net banking?
You can deactivate your HDFC credit card through net banking by following the methods given below.
- Visit the internet banking webpage of HDFC Bank.
- Log in with your HDFC Net banking credentials.
- There you will the “Credit Cards Tab” and you need to click the “Credit Card Hotlisting” option located on the left-hand side.
- A list of all your HDFC credit cards registered with net banking will appear on your device screen.
- Select that credit card number that you want to deactivate.
- Then you have to opt for the reason for your credit card deactivation.
How to cancel HDFC credit card?
The process to cancel the HDFC credit card is mentioned below.
- Dial the helpline number of HDFC Bank to cancel the HDFC credit card.
- Keep your Telephone Identification Number (TIN) that consists of 4 digits with yourself for using the phone banking services.
- Moreover, internet banking also allows you to cancel your HDFC credit card.
- You can even cancel your credit card by filling the credit card cancellation form at the HDFC Bank branch.
How can I block my HDFC credit card temporarily?
You can block your HDFC credit card temporarily by using HDFC Net Banking. In the “Manage Cards” option you can find the option to temporarily deactivate your credit card.
Do you want to use a credit card to develop credit? Instead, use the Destiny MasterCard to improve your credit.