Are you upgrading your existing SBI Credit Card or shifting to another card issuer? Well, you must know about How to close SBI credit card or How to surrender SBI credit card.
SBI Credit Card Cancellation process is available through online and offline mediums. We will provide you all the basic steps as well as key points to cancel your SBI credit card in a proper way. Now, the only task you have to perform is to read this full post.
What are the offline ways to close SBI Credit Card?
Basically, there are 3 offline ways available to close an SBI Credit Card. We will explain all of these 3 methods so that you can easily cancel your SBI Credit Card.
- SBI Credit Card Helpline
- Visit the nearest SBI Branch
- Drop A Letter to the official address of SBI
All the above-mentioned methods will initiate the SBI Credit Card Cancellation process. Now, understand each method in detail.
SBI Credit Card Helpline
You have to ask the SBI Call executive to close or deactivate your SBI Credit Card. The executive will ask you the reason for the surrender of the SBI credit card and then ask for your card details and other info.
Once he satisfied with the information provided by you, then he would place the SBI credit card cancellation request.
You need to dial the following SBI Customer Care helpline to surrender your SBI credit card.
- ☎ 18001801290
- 📞39020202 (local STD code as prefix)
Visit the nearest SBI Branch
One of the best methods to close an SBI Credit Card is to visit the nearest branch of SBI. However, make sure you have your desired SBI credit card which you want to cancel. Moreover, carry all the relevant documents related to your credit card account.
Drop A Letter to the official address of SBI
Another offline way to deactivate an SBI credit card is to drop a letter to the official address of SBI. You have to mention your name, card expiration date, credit card number on the letter.
Above we have disclosed the offline ways to cancel SBI Credit Card. Now, we will you the detail of the online method that allows you to close your SBI credit card.
Read Also: SBI Credit Card Application Status
What are the online ways to close SBI Credit Card?
As banking going digital for the past few years, now the credit card closure request can also be submitted online. Check out the useful steps below.
The best online way to cancel an SBI credit card is to send an email to the SBI. You have to mention the following in your email subject line. “I want to cancel my SBI Credit Card”.
After that, write your SBI credit card number, your name, email id, home address, and registered phone number.
Once your credit card closure request is processed, you will get a unique interaction id from the State Bank to your registered phone number. The official of the State Bank of India will call you regarding the closure of your credit card and ask for the unique interaction id.
Read Also: BPCL SBI Credit Card
Things to do before submitting SBI Credit Card Closure Application
There are few points which you should keep in your mind before closing your SBI credit card. Check the following points below.
Clear the pending due amount
- First, you have to clear all the pending dues such as interest charges, late payment fees, balance transfer charges, etc.
- You may also be notified by the bank for the same.
- This is an important step to initiate the credit card cancellation process.
- As per the SBI guidelines, you have to first clear all your outstanding and EMIs before placing a request for SBI credit card cancellation.
Reward Points Redemption
- Check your credit card statement or account balance to know about your earned reward points.
- It is always advised to use the accrued reward points to enjoy offers and benefits.
- You can redeem the unused reward points against those products that are available in the bank’s reward catalogue.
Do not use your card further after cancellation request
Please keep in mind when you place the SBI credit card cancellation request, you do not have to use your card further. If the bank finds any fresh dues on it, then your application would get rejected.
Stop the Auto Debit Feature
If you have set up standing instructions or auto-debit for the payment of your credit card dues, then you have to close it first before placing the closure request.
Ask for NOC
Do not forget to take NOC from the bank stating that SBI credit card cancellation is successful.
Read Also: CIF Number SBI
Positive Impact of SBI Credit Card Cancellation
There are few positive points of closing an SBI credit card.
- Closing a credit card will save your money spent on joining and annual fees.
- Moreover, if you deactivate your SBI credit card, you can save yourself from the habit of impulse buying.
- Excess or immature usage of a credit card can hurt your pocket and will keep you under debt. So, closing a credit card is a better option in that scenario.
Read Also: SBI Collect Payment History
Negative Impact of SBI Credit Card Cancellation
Do you know that canceling a credit card has a negative impact? Yes, that’s right. There are some points which you should know before closing an SBI credit card or any other credit card.
- Always try not to close or cancel your old credit card as it will put a negative impact on your credit score.
- It will lower down your credit limit usage.
- If you close your SBI credit card your overall credit history will negatively be impacted.
- Close HDFC Credit Card
- Close ICICI Credit Card
- SBI Unnati Credit Card
- SBI Prime Credit Card
- BPCL Octane Credit Card
- SimplySave Credit Card
How to surrender SBI Credit Card?
In order to surrender your SBI credit card, you have to place a cancellation request online or offline. The simple way is to dial the SBI Helpline number or visiting the SBI Branch. However, for online you have to send them an email for credit card cancellation.
If I Deactivate My SBI Credit Card will it reduce my credit score?
Many credit cardholders make the mistake of closing their old credit card. This will lower down their credit score as well as their overall average credit history.
How do I cancel my SBI credit card?
The best way to cancel your SBI credit card is to dial the following customer care number of the State Bank of India. Ask the SBI call executive to cancel your credit card and provide him all the required information.
1860-180-1290/ 39-02-02-02 (Use the local STD code as prefix).
Can I close my SBI credit card online?
Yes, you can place an online request for your SBI Credit Card Cancellation. All you have to do is to send the bank an email for the closure of your credit card. Your email must contain your name, SBI credit card number, phone number, and address.