What is the Cif Number? and How to know Cif number of Sbi (State Bank of India).
Hey, do you know What is Cif Number? or How to find Cif Number? Well, this post has all the valuable information related to the Cif number.
However, in this post, we will tell you about How to know the Cif number of Sbi. Do read each line of this post to know all the details about the Cif number.
- What is Cif Number?
- What is Cif Number in SBI
- How to get CIF number of SBI Bank Online & Offline
- How to get CIF number of SBI through SMS
- How to find the CIF number in the SBI Cheque book
- How to find SBI CIF number in SBI bank passbook
- State Bank of India CIF number through Net banking
- How to find SBI CIF number through branch visit
- Check CIF No of SBI through YONO SBI Lite App
- About The Post
- Final Words
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Read More: CIF Number Central Bank of India
Read More: SBI Collect Online Payment
What is Cif Number?
Before we tell you about the SBI CIF number but, first you should know what Cif number is.
CIF number is a 9 to 11 digit number that has all the information of the customer in digital form. Whenever you open up an account you will receive a CIF number from the bank.
The CIF number helps the bank to find customer ownership verification, personal information, etc. Moreover, in simple definition the CIF no. is an online database of banking customers.
The CIF number contains the following information in an electronic form.
- Date of Birth
- Account Number
- Nominee Name
- Credit history
- Account Opening Date
- Your Personal details.
- Type of account
Read More: SBI Credit Card Toll Free
Full form of CIF Number
“Customer Information File” is the full form of CIF.
How to get CIF number
Finding the CIF number is an easy task. There are 5 ways to get a CIF number. You can find your CIF number offline and online.
The 5 ways to get a Cif number are published below.
- Internet Banking
- Bank Passbook
- Bank Helpline
- Bank branch
We hope that you have understood what the CIF number is. Now, we will tell you the procedure to find the CIF number of the State Bank of India (SBI).
Read More: SBI Mini Statement Check by Miss Call
What is Cif Number in SBI
The SBI CIF number is an 11 digit number that is provided to those who hold a bank account with SBI. These 11 digit CIF no. contains the banking information of SBI account holders in an electronic format.
How to get CIF number of SBI Bank Online & Offline
To find the SBI CIF number is an easy task. You have to follow all the steps that are published below to find the CIF Number of SBI.
- SBI CIF number by SMS
- CIF number of SBI through Cheque book
- CIF number SBI through Bank Passbook
- SBI CIF no through Internet Banking
- SBI CIF no. via branch visit
- CIF No of SBI through YONO Lite app
Let’s understand the process to find the SBI CIF number in detail.
How to get CIF number of SBI through SMS
Sorry, there is no specific number available to find the SBI CIF number by SMS. But we have provided a smart trick below to find the CIF no. of SBI through SMS.
First, your mobile number and email id must be registered with the State Bank of India. After that, you have to request SBI for an e-statement through SMS. Once you got your SBI e-statement on your registered email address and there you will also see your SBI CIF number.
Read More: BPCL SBI Contactless Card
How to find the CIF number in the SBI Cheque book
Your SBI Cheque book helps you to find the State Bank of India CIF number. Usually, the first page of your Cheque book contains the information of the CIF number. It is located above the account number in most of the Cheque book.
How to find SBI CIF number in SBI bank passbook
Similarly, you can easily search CIF number in the SBI Bank passbook. It is usually printed on the first page of your bank passbook. Check this image for reference.
State Bank of India CIF number through Net banking
SBI has already established its feet in digital banking. Now, they allow their customers to check their account CIF number online when they do not have an SBI Cheque book or passbook with them.
The steps to check the State Bank of India CIF number through Internet Banking has provided below.
- Visit the State Bank of India Internet Banking here.
- Click on login under the “Personal Banking” section as shown in the image.
- On the next page, you have to click on the “Continue to login”.
- Now, the login form will appear in which you have to enter your login credentials. Moreover, the bank has provided a safer option of “Enable Virtual Keyboard”. This option allows you to enter the login information through the screen keyboard.
- After login, you will see “Transaction Accounts”. Under the “Transaction Accounts”, click the “View nomination and Pan details” option.
- Your CIF number will be displayed under the “Nomination and Pan details”.
How to find SBI CIF number through branch visit
Another offline method to find the SBI CIF number is a branch visit. These steps will help you to find your SBI CIF number offline.
- Go to your SBI branch.
- Ask the bank personnel that you want to know your SBI CIF number.
- He will ask you to show your id and the bank account number.
- After that, the bank executive will provide your CIF number.
Check CIF No of SBI through YONO SBI Lite App
The alternate way to check CIF no. of SBI online is YONO SBI Lite App. YONO app users can check their SBI CIF no. by following the steps published below.
However, you have to register your account first with the YONO SBI Lite app. If you are already a YONO SBI user then follow the steps mentioned below.
- Launch the “YONO SBI Lite” app on your mobile phone.
- In the menu options, click on the “Services”.
- Now, you need to click the “Online nomination” option on the next page
- Then, on the next page choose your account type and select your account from the dropdown menu.
- Now, your account number and your CIF number will be displayed in the respective column.
How to know Cif Number of SBI without net banking and passbook?
Though the common way to check the CIF number of SBI is Net banking and passbook. However, if you do not have a net banking account and passbook, then you can know your SBI Cif number by following ways.
Nowadays, the cheque of SBI contains the CIF number of the bank account holders. You can view your SBI CIF no on the first page of chequebook.
The bank helpline number is yet another best option to find the SBI CIF number. You can reach out to the SBI Call executive and ask him or her about your SBI Account CIF Number.
If the above 2 ways won’t work then you may visit the SBI branch executive. Ask them to provide you the CIF no. of your account.
About The Post
This post has provided all the information related to what is CIF number and how to know the Cif number of SBI. The intention of this post is to provide you details of all the methods that will help you to get the SBI CIF number online and offline.
The best way to find the CIF number of SBI is through a bank passbook. This is a simple and quick way to get the SBI CIF number. Moreover, in the rarest of a rare case that banks forgot to print the CIF number of their customers in a passbook.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Ans: You can know the CIF number of SBI offline and online. Both the methods are provided below.
1. Bank Passbook
2. Cheque book
3. Branch Visit
1. Yono SBI Lite app
2. SBI Internet Banking
3. SBI E statement
Ans: You can easily know your CIF number of SBI with your SBI bank passbook. There are online ways available to find the State Bank of India CIF number.
1. SBI Net Banking
2. SBI E-statement
3. YONO SBI Lite app
Ans: Many a time we do have our SBI bank passbook with us or the bank forgot to print the SBI CIF number on our passbook. At that time the online way helps us to get the CIF no. of SBI. The ways to find the CIF number online are mentioned below.
Via SBI Net Banking
1. Visit the online banking page of the State Bank of India.
2. Then under the Personal banking section click on Login ▶ “Continue to login” ▶ “Enter your login id and password”.
3. After login, Transaction Accounts ▶ “View nomination and Pan details”.
4. You will see your CIF number beside your account number.
Via YONO Lite App
1. Open your YONO lite app and then Menu ▶ “Services” ▶ “Online nomination”.
2. Now a dropdown will ask you to choose your “Type of account” and “Select Account”.
3. Finally, the account number and CIF number will be displayed on your screen.
Ans. The CIF No is located mostly on the first page of every bank passbook.