In this post, you will see the details related to PM Kisan Credit Card Scheme. You will see how you can apply for a Kisan credit card UPSC and what are its benefits.
We will explain to you all the important details related to Kisan Credit Card. Read the full post below to better understand Kisan Credit Card.
- What is Kisan Credit Card?
- KCC Loan
- Kisan Credit Card Benefits and Features
- Eligibility Criteria
- Is guarantor needed to KCC loan upto one lac?
- Documents For KCC
- Kisan Credit Card Apply- Online
- Kisan Credit Card Apply- Offline
- How Kisan Credit Card Limit Fixed?
- Kisan Credit Card Email and Helpline Number
- About This Post
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
What is Kisan Credit Card?
KCC (Kisan Credit Card) scheme was started by RBI (Reserve Bank Of India) and NABARD (National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development) in the year 1998-99.
The aim of this scheme is to provide loans to the farmers at a low-interest rate. Farmers can take up to 3 lakhs of a loan through the Kisan Credit Card scheme.
Farmers can use this loan amount to buy seeds, fertilizers, chemicals, and other farming-related equipment.
Kisan Credit Card (KCC) Limit
A farmer can take a loan between 50,000 to 3,00,000 through the KCC scheme. The credit limit totally depends on the income of the farmer, credit history, farming land, crop production, and fertility of the land.
There are two types of KCC loans provided under Kisan Credit Card scheme.
- Crop Loan
- Term Loan
You can take up to 3 lakh of the loan amount as a crop loan through KCC Scheme. Kisan Credit Card is valid for up to 5 years. The interest rate on these loans is 7 %. But if you pay the amount within a year, then you have to pay only 4% of total interest on these loan amounts.
If you take a loan of more than 3 lakhs then it will be considered as a term loan. The interest rates on this amount will be fixed by your bank. The government will not provide relief on this term loan.
Read About This Information Also 👇
Kisan Credit Card Benefits and Features
Following are the features and benefits of Kisan Credit Card.
- KCC provides crop insurance to the farmers.
- In the case of casualties, the farmer will get 50,000 accidental coverage and 25,000 for physical disabilities during farming.
- Kisan Credit Card passbook is also provided.
- The card is valid for 5 years.
- The farmer will get interest on the amount in the KCC Card.
- KCC can be made online within 15 days.
- Kisan Credit Card is free of cost.
- Kisan Credit Card can be used for fisheries and animal farming as well.
- KCC Interest Rate is annual 7% which can be lower to 4% if paid within a year.
- There will be no collateral of land on up to 1 lakh rupees of loan.
If you want to apply for Kisan Credit Card online or offline you have to meet the following eligibility criteria.
- The applicant must have own or sharing farming land.
- The applicant should be a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 70 years of age.
- In case the applicant’s age is above 60 years then he needs a guarantor to apply.
- He should be a resident of India.
- PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana beneficiaries are automatically eligible for Kisan Credit Card.
- Farmers who do fisheries and animal farming are also eligible for this credit card.
Is guarantor needed to KCC loan upto one lac?
No, there is no need for a guarantor or collateral of your land for a KCC loan up to 1 lakh rupees. However, if the applicant is above 60 years of age then he must be required a guarantor for the same.
Documents For KCC
There are some important documents required to apply for KCC Loan. We have listed the documents below.
- Identity Proof– Electricity Bill, Voter Id, Bank Passbook, etc.
- Residence Proof- Aadhar Card, Rent Agreement, Other Government Id if any, etc.
- Passport Size Photograph.
- Ownership of Land
- Pan Card
- Aadhar Card
Kisan Credit Card Apply- Online
A Kisan credit card can be applied both online and offline. First, we will talk about the online process. A Kisan credit card can only be applied online if your bank account is linked with PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana.
It means you have to use the same bank account that is linked with your PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana. After that follow the process provided below.
- Visit the official website here https://eseva.csccloud.in/KCC/Default.aspx#
- Click on “Apply New KCC” on the homepage.
- Enter your CSC login id and password.
- Enter your Aadhar Number and click on “Submit”.
- The details linked with PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi Yojana will automatically be displayed on the screen.
- An online form will be displayed on your screen.
- Select “Issue of Fresh KCC”.
- Enter the loan amount and mobile number.
- Enter the applicant’s name and account number.
- Fill in your village details and the status of your property and the type of crops.
- Click on Submit details.
Note: You can apply for Kisan Credit Card online by visiting the nearest CSC center if you do not have a CSC login id and password.
Moreover, you can apply for only one KCC loan or credit card.
Kisan Credit Card Apply- Offline
If you want to apply for Kisan Credit Card, you need to visit the nearest bank that provides Kisan credit card service. You have to keep your important documents handy before visiting the branch.
However, you need to make some documents from the tehsil office and the information about those documents can be inquired by visiting your area tehsildar office.
How Kisan Credit Card Limit Fixed?
Kisan Credit limit depends upon various factors. You are eligible to get a maximum loan amount of 3 lakh under the KCC limit. The following are the details that will decide the credit limit of your Kisan credit card.
- It depends upon the cultivating land.
- Your credit history.
- Loan History.
- Type of crops you produce.
Kisan Credit Card Email and Helpline Number
If you have any queries or doubts related to KCC Loan, credit limit, or Kisan Credit Card you can dial the following helpline number that is provided below. Moreover, you can send an email as well for the queries related to the KCC loan and credit limit.
The contact number and email address are provided below.
- Kisan Credit Card Customer Care– 1800 121 3468
- Kisan Credit Card Email Address– email@example.com
About This Post
In this post, we have provided the details related to the Kisan Credit Card Scheme and other information relevant to the Kisan credit card. Moreover, the applying procedure has been described with full information in a proper manner.
You will also find the details of eligibility criteria and the documents to get the approval of the Kisan credit card.
The author has concluded that whether a farmer is big or small, they must apply for the Kisan credit card to safeguard themselves in the time of emergencies and financial crisis.
I would suggest you apply for Kisan Credit Card online through CSC center as online application got approved early as compared to offline process or branch visit.
CSC center is the best to apply for Kisan Credit Card as they already have a user id and password as well as they provide hassle-free services to the farmers.
If you are someone who is struggling with credit history, you can choose Milestone Gold Card that doesn’t require any.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to apply for a Kisan credit card?
A Kisan credit card can be applied through online and offline methods. For online you are required to have CSC portal user id and password or you can visit your nearest CSC center.
To apply offline you have to visit the nearest bank that provided Kisan Credit Card.
How many days it will take to get Kisan Credit Card?
After you apply for Kisan Credit Card and your application got approved you will receive it within 14 days.
What is the validity of the Kisan Credit Card?
Once you receive your Kisan Credit Card, it is valid upto 5 years.
What is the credit limit of the Kisan Credit Card?
Kisan credit limit starts from 50,000 to up to 3 lakh. It totally depends upon your land, crop, and credit history.
How to check the Kisan Credit Card Application Status?
Kisan credit card application status is currently unavailable on the official website. Once the link is generated you will be able to track your Kisan Credit Card Application status.