State Bank of India that is India’s largest bank provides a wide range of credit cards for its customers. If you possess SBI Credit Card then this article will be useful for you. SBI provides credit card statement every month and sends them to the registered email of their customers. However, this file is password protected and comes in PDF format. To open this SBI credit card PDF statement you must know the SBI credit card statement password format.
Do you know the SBI credit card statement password format was different from the current format? Yes, the State Bank improvises the security from time to time. We have discussed both the old and current formats below.
|Read More: SBI Mini Statement Number|
How To Get SBI Credit Card Statement
Before you know about the SBI credit card statement password you must know how to get an SBI credit card statement. The steps to download the SBI credit card statement are discussed below.
This can be done via two different methods. Both of them have been published below.
Via SBI Card Website
Download your SBI credit card statement from the SBI card website by following the steps below.
- Visit the following SBI Card website link.
- After visiting the website you will see a list of options on the right-hand side.
- From there you have to click on the “View Card Statement”.
- Now, you will be redirected to a new tab with multiple options to download your credit card statement.
- You can download the credit card statement either by mobile no., user id, or card details.
- SBI also provides a virtual keyboard option to add extra security. You can use it after ticking the check box.
- After log in to your account you have to follow the further instructions carefully to get your SBI credit card statement.
Via SBI Card App
Another way to download SBI Credit Card Statement PDF online is to use SBI Card App. The steps to use the SBI card app for downloading the credit card statement are mentioned below.
- First, download the SBI Card App from your app store or from this link.
- Log in to the app either by “Password” or “MPIN“.
- After logging in you will see your credit card billing date and due date.
- Click on the 3 dash icon on the top left corner.
- After that click the “My Account” option.
- Now from the multiple lists of options choose “Card Statement“.
- Now you can check your credit card statement by clicking on the “View Statement” link.
The above-displayed methods do not require a password to view the statement online. You need a password to open the credit card statement when the bank sends you via email. Let’s know the details of the SBI Credit Card Statement Password and its format.
|Read More: SBI Credit Card Cancellation|
How To Know SBI Credit Card Statement Password
Usually, the State Bank Of India sends an email to its every credit cardholder which contains credit card statement in the form of PDF. This PDF file is password protected which requires a unique password format to open the file.
However, there was improvisation made by the State Bank of India for the password format. We have published both the old and new formats below.
Old Password Format For SBI Credit Card Statement
The old way or format to open the credit card statement is by using the 16 digit number mentioned on your primary credit card. Now, this method has gone extinct and works only for the old e-statement PDF.
New Password Format For SBI Credit Card Statement
The latest password format to view the SBI credit card statement is mentioned below.
The initial 8 character of your statement password is your DOB in DD/ MM/ YYYY and the remaining 4 character is the last 4 digits of your SBI credit card.
Let’s understand with the example given below.
If a cardholder’s date of birth is 17 November 1985 and his or her SBI credit card’s last 4 digits is 5712 then the password to open the PDF file will be 171119855712.
|Read More: SBI Credit Card Application Status|
It is always advised to take safety measures or precautions while downloading the statement from the internet. We have mentioned few points which allow you to download the statement carefully.
- Try to view the credit card statement only on the official website or official mobile app.
- Never trust the suspicious email that provides you a download link for your credit card statement.
- Many fraudsters claim that they are contacting on the behalf of SBI and ask you to disclose your card number, CVV, Pin, and other details. Never ever share this information with anyone. Even the bank won’t ask for your CVV and Pin number.
- Do not share your SBI credit card statement with any other third person.
|Read More: SBI Credit Card Payment|
About The Post
This post has all the little information related to the SBI Credit Card Statement Password. You will find the information on how to download SBI credit card statement online.
Moreover, we have published both the old and new password format to open the old and current e-statement respectively.
If you have any questions related to this topic you can type them in the comment section and we will answer them all as soon as possible.
How can I see my SBI credit card statement?
There are 3 ways to see an SBI credit card statement. However, all of them require an internet connection to view or download the credit card statement.
- The first method to see SBI credit card statement is to visit the SBI card website.
- Moreover, you can use SBI Card App to simply view all your pending dues and card statement online.
- Furthermore, the bank also dispatches the credit card statement on the registered email id of their credit card customers.
What is the password for SBI statement PDF?
The password for SBI credit card statement PDF is mentioned below.
- For the old PDF, you must have to enter your 16 digits primary credit card number to open the statement.
- Similarly, the latest PDF statements are opened with the new password format that is a combination of your DOB in DDMMYYYY format and the last 4 digits of your credit card.
Is there any other way to view the SBI Card Statement without a password?
Yes, you can either use the SBI Card website or the SBI card app to view or download the SBI card statement online. There is no requirement for a password to check the card statement by these two methods.
Is it free to check SBI credit card statement on the website or app?
Yes, it is totally free to check SBI credit card statements on the website or on the official SBI card app. The bank won’t charge you for viewing the statements online.