This post has Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card Review and its prime benefits and features.
The Platinum Rewards credit card comes under the rewards category and offers 5X points on fuel and dining.
With 1X reward points on all other categories & no capping on monthly reward points, this credit card turned out to be a perfect deal. To know more about Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card, read this full post.
- Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Card Features
- Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Card Benefits
- Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Card Eligibility
- SCB Platinum Rewards Credit Card Documentation
- Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card Apply
- Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card Charges & Fees
- SCB Platinum Credit Card Pros & Cons
Other SCB Credit Cards
Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Card Features
The Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards credit card features have mentioned below.
The members of your family can also avail of the benefits of Platinum rewards credit card. For this, you can get them a supplementary card.
Moreover, this supplementary card is free for lifetime.
Similarly, it also comes with a contactless payment feature. You can make transactions up to 2,000 rupees contactless without giving away your credit card.
This mode of payment is fast as well as secure as it avoids the chances of credit card skimming & fraudulent transactions.
Moreover, it will prevent you from carrying cash into the pockets.
Secure Online Transactions
The 3D secure Otp verification improves the safety of your credit card on shopping from online platforms.
Whenever you purchase anything online, you have to enter the OTP to complete the transaction. This reduces the chances of online fraud.
However, both the VISA & MasterCard users have to register themselves first for the OTP verification facility.
Click on the following link to register.
Balance on EMI
The Platinum rewards credit card also provides Balance on the EMI feature. It will allow you to convert the outstanding amount of up to 5 lakh rupees into EMIs.
Moreover, there are no processing fees for the balance on the EMI feature.
Read More: Track Standard Chartered Credit Card
Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Card Benefits
Now, you will see the benefits of a Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards credit card.
- With the SCB Platinum Rewards credit card you will earn 5x reward points on your dining & fuel spending.
- These 5X reward points will accrue on the spending of every 150 rupees.
- Moreover, there will be no capping on earning the reward points monthly.
- Apart from the 5X reward points on fuel & dining, this credit card also provides 1X reward points on all other categories.
- This offer is applicable only when you spend 150 rupees.
Good Life Programme
The Platinum Rewards cardholders will get the benefits of the good life programme. This programme will offer discounts on categories like shopping, travel, and lifestyle.
Do you believe you require additional assistance? You can apply for the Destiny MasterCard, which doesn’t require you to have flawless credit.
Read More: SC Credit Card Bill Payment
Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Card Eligibility
In order to get approval for Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards credit card, one needs to fulfill the following eligibility criteria.
- The age of the applicant should range between 21 to 65 years.
- Both the salaried and self employed applicants possess a salary of 32,500 INR.
- The applicant must belong to the SCB serviceable cities.
Read More: SCB Credit Card Application Status
SCB Platinum Rewards Credit Card Documentation
Furthermore, you have to present the following documents to get the quick approval of the SC Platinum Rewards Card.
|Document Required||Valid Documents|
|1. Proof of Address||Aadhar Card or Passport|
Driving License or Voter Id
NREGA Job card issued by the state govt.
|2. Proof of Identity||Aadhar Card|
Any Photo Id Card. i.e. Pan Card, passport, voter id, etc.
|3. Photograph||The applicant has to give his or her recent passport size photograph.|
|4. Other Documents||The salaried individual needs to provide his latest 1-month salary slip.|
The self employed professionals & businessmen have to provide their latest ITR return.
Read More: SCB Customer Care Number
Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card Apply
The procedure to apply for an SCB Platinum rewards credit card is available on the official website of the bank. These are the steps that will help you to apply online.
- Visit this platinum rewards card apply link.
- A 4 step application box will appear.
- Here you have to answer the questions.
- Submit the required documents.
Similarly, if you want to apply it offline, then locate the SCB nearest branch. Ask the executive of the bank about the application form of SC Platinum rewards card.
However, you have to keep all your id and address proof handy before visiting the branch. Along with that, you have to provide your salary slip or ITR return as well.
Read More: SCB Credit Customer Care Number
Standard Chartered Bank Platinum Rewards Credit Card Charges & Fees
The following table will provide you information about Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card.
|Fees & Charges||Amount|
|Annual Fees||Rs. 250|
|Renewal Fees||Rs. 250|
Waive off if you spend INR 60K in a year
|Finance Charges||Up to 2.5% pm|
|Cash Advance Limit||A maximum of 12,000 rupees per day or|
Up to 80% of the total available limit
|Overlimit Charges||2.5% or a minimum of 500 rupees|
|Late Payment Charges||Depends on your total outstanding|
The late payment charges vary between 0 to 800 rupees
SCB Platinum Credit Card Pros & Cons
The pros & cons of Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards are mentioned in the table given below.
|1. Easy Approval||1. Limited Benefits|
|2. Low Annual Fees||2. Available in limited cities|
|3. 5X reward points on fuel & dining||3. Best for only fuel & dining|
|4. Annual Fee Waiver||______________________|
As per our conclusion, it is a basic credit card with low annual fees. As it provides 5X reward points on fuel, it will be beneficial for the daily riders who own a vehicle.
However, the features & benefits are limited and are best for beginners only. If your prime expenses are fuel & dining then this credit card is for you.
Moreover, the best part about this credit card is it requires a basic salary of INR 32,500 & the approval chances are very high.
Q.1 What are the prime benefits of a Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card?
Ans. There are mainly 2 benefits of the Platinum rewards credit card. These are:
1. 5x reward points on fuel and dining.
2. 1x reward points on all other spendings.
* This offer is applicable for every 150 rupees spent on the above categories.
Q.2 What is the minimum salary required to get a platinum rewards card?
Ans. You have a minimum salary of 32,500 rupees in order to get approval for SC Platinum Rewards Credit Card.
Q.3 What is the best part about Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Card?
Ans. These are the three things that I found best about Platinum rewards credit cards.
1. The approval process is easy.
2. Annual charge of this credit card is just 250 rupees only.
3. Annual Fee Waiver is available on this card.