Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Review
The Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card is a top credit card provided by SCB. This credit card provides you great discounts on lifestyle, shopping, and travel.
However, the fees and charges of Ultimate Credit Card are on the higher side, but the features and benefits justify the pricing of this credit card.
- Features of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
- Benefits of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Bank Ultimate Credit Card Insurance Coverage
- Eligibility Criteria of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Apply Process
- Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Charges and Fees
- SCB Ultimate Credit Card Pros & Cons
Features of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
Before we provide you Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Review, let’s talk about its features.
Contactless Payment Feature
With the Ultimate credit card, you can easily do contactless transactions. This feature ensures the safety of the card as well as saves your time.
However, you can do contactless transactions of up to 2,000 rupees. Moreover, the contactless feature is available worldwide.
Secure Online Transactions
Similarly, to add more security you can register for OTP verification for every online transaction.
Kuch Bhi on EMI
This Ultimate credit card allows you to convert all your big spending into EMIs. If your spending is above 5,000 rupees then you can convert them into EMI with the help of Kuch Bhi on the EMI feature.
Dial a Loan
Moreover, you can avail the benefits of the “Dial a Loan” facility. It will allow you to take a loan of up to 5 lakh rupees over a phone call in case of an emergency.
This requires no documentation and the tenure period of the loan is 12 to 60 months. Moreover, for the first 6 months, the bank will charge you only 0.99% interest.
Additionally, the ultimate credit card also comes with a Balance transfer facility. This means if you hold another bank credit card and have pending dues on it, then you can simply transfer all the outstanding amount to your SC Ultimate Credit card at a minimal interest rate.
Benefits of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
The SC Ultimate Credit Card comes with amazing benefits and a welcome offer. Here are the details of major benefits and welcome offers.
After the payment of your joining fees, the bank will provide you 6,000 reward points. The value of these 6K reward points is 6,000 rupees.
Another welcome benefit of SCB Ultimate Credit Card is the MakeMyTrip cashback offer.
- Get 100% cashback of up to 10,000 rupees on bookings from the MakeMyTrip website or mobile app.
- The cashback will be redeemed in the bank account within 60 days.
Just like the name of this credit card, the reward structure is also ultimate. The cardholders will get 5 reward points every time when they spend 150 rupees.
The reward rate of this credit card is 3.33% and the value of each reward point is 1 rupee.
- Enjoy 1.5% of cashback on spending on international travel.
- Similarly, you will also get a 5% of cashback on all the duty free spends.
- However, the monthly capping of duty free cashback is 1,000 rupees per month.
SC Ultimate cardholders can enjoy complimentary lounge access on both domestic and international airports. Moreover, the airport lounge access is both available within and outside India.
- Domestic Airport- For every quarter you can avail of a maximum of 4 airport lounge access.
- International Airport- Similarly, you will get 1 international lounge access per month.
- However, this offer is applicable only when you spend 20,000 rupees or more in the last month with this credit card.
Complimentary Golf Sessions
- Enjoy the two complimentary golf games every month.
- However, these 2 complimentary games are valid only within domestic golf courses.
- Moreover, you will also get 1 guest game every month.
- Additionally, the ultimate credit cardholder will also get 1 complimentary coaching session every month.
To book your games or golf coaching sessions, you need to call the Ultimate concierge service in 7 days advance.
Free 24/7 Concierge
Enjoy the 24/7 concierge services free of cost. Here is the SCB Ultimate Credit Card concierge number. 1800 102 7274
Check out the list of concierge services below.
|Golf||Wine and Dine|
|Travel||Shopping & Business Services|
|Arts & Culture||Other Services|
You can enjoy up to 25% of discount in around 750 best restaurants in India. The dining privileges can be availed at Ultimate concierge.
Once you pay the renewal amount for your SCB Ultimate Card, then you will receive 5k reward points that are equal to worth Rs. 5,000. However, these points can only be redeemed on travel bookings.
Standard Chartered Bank Ultimate Credit Card Insurance Coverage
Moreover, the SCB Ultimate Credit Card also comes with insurance coverage. The insurance details are mentioned below.
|1. Air Accidental Death Cover||1 crore rupees|
Applicable only if you have used this card to buy the ticket
|2. Emergency Medical Expenses (Outside India)||25k Dollars|
|3. Hijack||Up to 100 dollars|
|4. Delay in Baggage||Up to 100 dollars|
|5. Loss of documents & luggage||Up to 750 dollars|
Read More: Customer Care Standard Chartered Bank
Eligibility Criteria of Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card
The eligibility criteria for the SCB Ultimate credit card is mentioned below.
- The minimum age to apply for an SCB Ultimate credit card is 21 years.
- Similarly, the maximum age to apply for an Ultimate credit card is 65 years.
- The applicant’s salary should be 2 lakh per month.
- Only residents of India are eligible to apply for this credit card.
- Moreover, you are required to provide your KYC documents and income proof as well.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Apply Process
The process to apply for an SCB Ultimate credit card is mentioned below.
- Visit the following link.
- Fill out the 4 step form by providing your professional and personal details.
- Once the bank receives your application, the official of the nearest SCB branch will contact you for the same.
Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Charges and Fees
Check this table to know about the fees and charges of the ultimate credit card.
|Joining Fees||Rs. 5,000 + GST|
|Annual Fees||Rs. 5,000 + GST|
|Interest Rate||3.49% per month|
|Late Payment Fees||Maximum up to 800 rupees|
|Overlimit Charges||2.5% or a minimum of 500 rupees|
SCB Ultimate Credit Card Pros & Cons
This credit card also has some pros & cons. All of them are published in the following table.
|1. Excellent Reward Rate||1. No option for cash redemption.|
|2. Foreign Currency markup charges are low||2. No annual fee waiver|
|3. Welcome benefits of 6k reward points||3. Non flexibility of rewards redemption.|
|4. All the duty free spending will give 5% cashback||4. Limited vouchers to redeem reward points.|
|5. Lounge access on domestic & international airport||5. To get lounge access on a priority pass, you have to spend a minimum of 20,000 rupees.|
As per our Standard Chartered Ultimate Credit Card Review, if you travel a lot or spends a lot on travel bookings, then it will be a perfect credit card for you.
However, if you spend money on general spending then it won’t be the right credit card for you. The reward redemption is not much flexible and there is no option of an annual fee waiver.
Moreover, it is an individual review, so we would advise you to check with your financial advisor first before buying the above credit card.
SCB Credit Cards
- 💳 Standard Chartered Digismart Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Platinum Rewards Credit Card
- Standard Chartered Super Value Titanium Credit Card
Q.1 Standard Ultimate Credit Card is best for which purpose?
Ans. The SCB Ultimate credit card is one of the best travel category cards to buy. It will allow you to redeem the reward points on travel vouchers.
Moreover, you can also enjoy golf sessions in the premier golf courses of India.
Q.2 What are the joining and annual fees of this credit card?
Ans. The joining and annual fees of SCB ultimate credit card is 5,000 rupees plus GST.
Q.3 How much salary is required to apply for the SCB Ultimate Card?
Ans. The salaried applicants must possess a salary of 2 lakh rupees per month. Similarly, the self employed applicants have to provide an ITR of 24 lakh rupees per annum.
Q.4 I am 20 years old. Will Standard Chartered approve my application?
Ans. No, Standard Chartered has set the minimum age of 21 years to apply for this credit card.
Q.5 Does Standard Chartered Ultimate Card provides an annual fee waiver?
As of now, the SCB ultimate credit card comes with no annual fee waiver. You have to pay the annual fee of this credit card every year.